Overview of bipolar disorder
This section provides information about bipolar disorder. How it is diagnosed, possible causes and where to get further information and support.
- Bipolar disorder was previously called manic depression. It is also sometimes known as bipolar affective disorder
- It causes your mood to change from manic highs to lows of depression
- Symptoms of mania can include excitement, impulsive behaviour and agitation
- Symptoms of depression can include lack of energy, feelings of worthlessness and suicidal thoughts
- You can also have psychotic symptoms with bipolar disorder
- There are many different causes such as genetics and environment
Please donate today
Just £10 could print and distribute up to 30 information guides to help people learn about mental health.