Overview of depression
This section provides information about depression. How it is diagnosed, possible causes and where to get further information and support.
- Symptoms of depression can include feeling low, bad about yourself and not wanting to do things.
- Depression can be caused by anything, but family history, upbringing, stressful events and your lifestyle can have an effect.
- Professionals describe depression as ‘mild’, ‘moderate’ or ‘severe’. Treatment will depend on how they describe it.
- Depression affects people in different ways.
- If you think you are experiencing depression, speak to your GP.
- If you feel low, try to get enough sleep and eat well. It is important to try and keep active, even if you don’t feel like it.
Please donate today
Just £10 could print and distribute up to 30 information guides to help people learn about mental health.