For many people, the symptoms following a traumatic event become less severe over time as they come to terms with what’s happened. If the symptoms don’t go away, it’s possible you could have PTSD.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can develop in the hours or days after a traumatic event. Symptoms include:
- Reliving what happened, having flashbacks, dreams or nightmares
- Not being able to feel emotions
- Not feeling connected to other people
- Feeling unable to enjoy activities you used to enjoy
- Staying away from situations which remind you of the event
- Feeling on edge, panicky, upset and startled easily
- Feeling like nowhere is safe, always on the lookout for threats
- Problems sleeping
Please donate today
Just £10 could print and distribute up to 30 information guides to help people learn about mental health.