Diagnosis of social anxiety disorder

If your experience with anxiety is affecting your everyday life, you should make an appointment to speak with your GP. They may perform some tests to check if another health condition may be causing your symptoms. They may also refer you to a mental health professional for a full assessment.

A mental health professional will diagnose social anxiety disorder based on criteria in the International Classification of Diseases 11th Revision (ICD-11) developed by the World Health Organisation.

Your donation will make the difference

Just £10 could help pay for a call to our advice and information line, supporting someone living with mental illness who may be feeling in distress during this time.